Manual Handling & Safe Lifting Course
APPROVAL CRITERIA FOR THE COURSE:
All staff that engage in manual handling or patient handling activities during their working day. These employees are exposed
to situations where the risks cannot be eliminated or reduced sufficiently. To comply with legislation, staff engaged in manual
handling must be given training in the safe handling of loads. This half-day course instructs employees in the theory and practice
of safe manual handling.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
All staff engaged in manual handling activities during their working day.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued with a certificate valid for 3 years.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Lift and handle loads safely.
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward.
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- How to handle loads safely
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting (bags, sacks, barrels, where appropriate)
- Other organisation specific lifting tasks
- Competence testing
DURATION: 3-4 Hours.